Welcome to Kufour Scholars Program
The Kufuor Scholars Program (KSP) is one of the burgeoning initiatives of the John A. Kufuor Foundation. The Initiative is strategically underpinned by the principles of the leadership development commitment of the Foundation.
We envision a future where effective and accountable leadership facilitates and ensures sustainable development.
This vision, which is informed by the dream and vast experiences of H.E John Agyekum Kufuor, former President of the Republic of Ghana and founder of the John A Kufuor Foundation, is grounded in his conviction that good leadership holds the key to good governance and sustainable development in Africa.
The Kufuor Scholars Program has been established to serve as the vehicle for preparing and grooming young people of today to become transformational leaders of tomorrow for Ghana and Africa.
To prepare young people to become catalysts for sociopolitical and economic transformation through effective leadership in their chosen fields of endeavor.
The program is guided by the core values of transparency, accountability, equity, inclusion, fairness, and commitment to excellence.
The Kufuor Scholar is expected to place high premium on the following values: integrity, honesty, patriotism, nationalism, and commitment to ethical behavior at all times.
Goals of the Kufuor Scholars’ Program
The Kufuor Scholars Program has been designed to achieve the overarching and long-term goals of The John A. Kufuor Foundation, which are to promote:
- Effective Leadership: Recognizing the central role of leadership in the development of societies, the program seeks to prepare young people to become transformational leaders by offering specialized and programmed leadership training, mentoring and coaching, and experiential activities.
- Good Governance: The Scholars are nurtured to embrace good democratic governance as a developmental imperative and the framework for achieving social cohesion and peaceful co-existence.
- Socio-Economic Development: The Scholars are primed to be change agents who seek to transform the socioeconomic circumstance of Ghana and Africa and contribute to advancing the wellbeing of society.
The Kufuor Scholars Program has the overarching objective of mentoring a critical mass of future change agents; leaders imbued with a strong sense of patriotism; leaders who are innovative, problem solvers, creative thinkers and knowledgeable professionals in their respective fields of endeavor. These leaders will be trailblazers, whose hallmark will be both success and excellence in national development. Specifically, the program seeks to:
- Cultivate the next crop of transformational leaders; who are patriotic, selfless and community-oriented.
- Empower young scholars with ethical problem solving skills and creative thinking skills towards success in their respective careers and leadership roles for national development.
- Guide young scholars to become agents of social change for political tolerance, ethnic and religious co-existence, and national orientation for sustainable development.
University of Science & Technology
JOSEPHINE ASIEDU is a student at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology studying Bsc.Petroleum Engineering.
She comes from Aburi in the Eastern region.
Her dream is to be a Reservoir engineer,Global Business Woman and a Philanthropist.
She loves to read,write and offer services to humanity, taking advantage of every opportunity to make a greater impact.
University of Science & Technology
PHILIP SEMEXA hails from Agbakope in the Volta region of Ghana.
He is passionate about influencing the world positively through a selfless transformational leadership.
Currently, he is a student at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology studying BA. Economics.
He aspires to become a Development Economist, an Entrepreneur, an inspirational Speaker and a Philanthropist
Denderi Mohammed Zeinab
University of Development Studies
DENDERI Comes from Bunkpurugu in the Northern region.
She is analytical and has good interpersonal relationship skills. She loves to make impact in her community and loves to challenge herself with leadership roles.
She looks forward to become a Lawyer.
She is currently at University for Development Studies studying BSc Social Change Communication.