2019 CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The John A. Kufuor Foundation announces 2019 call for applications for the Kufuor Scholars’ Programme(KSP). Closing Date: March 27, 2019
To be eligible for consideration, the potential Kufuor Scholar must:
- Be of Ghanaian nationality.
- Have successfully completed the first semester level 100 of study at a Ghanaian university in any academic discipline. Students who are in second year (level 200) and beyond are not eligible
- Have demonstrable leadership interest and experience (e.g. in school, community or at the national level).
- Focus on ability to lead, commitment to service, moral force of character and outstanding academic intellect.
Over a 3-year period, the Scholar would benefit from leadership mentoring, camps, excursions and visits, seminars, practical leadership internships, and execution of personal projects prior to graduation. Included in the package is a branded personal laptop and a stipend of GH¢500 per semester. The Scholar may also have the opportunity of participating in International Exchange Programs.
How to Apply
Interested young scholars (males/females) will complete the online application form and upload required documents as follows by the 27th March 2019:
- Attach a 3 minute video of yourself on why you are interested in becoming a Kufuor Scholar.(Include information about yourself, leadership experience and a concrete leadership role played, Video size should not exceed 24MB)
- An evidence-based essay on a leadership question on the site (A 700-word statement)
- Three letters of recommendation; one each from a University Lecturer, community or civil society organizer and head of a public or private agency, testifying to the candidate’s abilities and leadership potentials
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Applicants below the age of 18 must submit a parental consent letter
- Transcripts of first semester undergraduate studies
- For further information please call Tel. 050-227-5820 between 10am -4pm (Mon-Fri).